The Black Girl Curse

"Look at yourselves. Some of you teenagers, students. How do you think I feel and I belong to a generation ahead of you - how do you think I feel to have to tell you, 'We, my generation, sat around like a knot on a wall while the whole world was fighting for its hum an rights - and you've got to be born into a society where you still have that same fight.' What did we do, who preceded you ? I'll tell you what we did. Nothing. And don't you make the same mistake we made...."
-Malcolm X



Disclaimer: I'm not talking about every Black woman there is. Im only talking about the Black women that I am talking about. 


Cursed. Yep.


I said it. And some of you are already set to tell me I need pills for my self loathing anxiety. Whatever. I tend to attract the very people I try to avoid and sometimes I feel like screaming, "You are not my audience!" But whatever.. on with the blog.


FOR THE RECORD, I dont hate Black women..hell I am one! Duh people. I simply dont lie to myself about this culture and about the curse that Black women carry, the curse that Black women decided would define their womenhood. And don't take this too far, like I know my readers are more than capable of. I'm not saying Black women are not human, that their uterus is cursed with a legacy of slave breeding and gang rape or some crazy shit like that. I'm not saying we aren't worthy, I'm saying we are cursed... and it's a choice.


The industrial revolution, the sexual revolution, hyper-urbanization, ultra-feminism and four generations of government assistance systematically yielded a culture of determined self-isolation, the emergence of the strong totally independent black woman are a curse to us. Black women are trained to hate and compete with Black men. Black women are trained to love and nurture the white mans babies...IT'S HISTORYBlack women are trained to love and comb the white womans hair...IT'S HISTORYBlack women are trained to want the man that white women have and be the white women due to our legacy of only being back alley rape interests...IT'S HISTORY. 


But there's a catch. 
Society NEEDS us to be cursed to function


The rationale behind the Black Girl Curse is that the Black woman is white society's golden goose. The Black Girl Curse is a two-parter but quite simple to break down.

ONE






  • There are more single black mothers than any other race.
  • Single Black Mothers are the most impoverished.
  • Most Black men in prison come from single parent homes.
  • Most Black men that drop out of high school come from single parent homes.
  • Most teenage pregnancies come from single parent homes.
  • Products of a teen parent are more like to become teen parent.

This is why we are society's jackpot. Slaves built this country and now we are maintaining it. Most societies rely upon the impoverished class to provide jobs for the middle and upper class. The fastest growing "industry" in america is the prison system. Courts, lawyers, social services, police depts all rely on people from single parent homes for for their jobs.

TWO

Census is taken every few years. Federal funds are given to each state based upon schools, hospitals, single parent homes and prisons. Thus, there is a monetary incentive to keep the African American families dysfunctional.

Add one and two above and we find white society is double dipping from the African American community and the Black woman that refuses to cohabit because she insist that she's independent is the golden goose.

One can not be independent and married at the same time. So a black woman must not get married, and stay married.

If we actually did marry and stop the sexual immorality, fewer Black women will become single Black mothers in poverty, fewer Black men go to prison, fewer teenagers get pregnant thereby starting the cycle all over again. This is the Black Girl Curse.






Black men should stop feeling the need to make excuses for black women who refuse to rise above their history. Stop allowing Black women to make you feel responsible for the refusal to rebuild themselves. Stop letting Black women tell you that you are responsible for their bastard babies because they cant control their slave breeding programming. There are so many Black women out their who are sure of themselves, and will make a wonderful mate, and wonderful mother. Just like I always say their are good Black men everywhere, this applies to women also. They are everywhere. We are not ALL cursed but we have to ask ourselves.. if we have contributed to this curse, is it too late to change it?