The Effeminization of the Black Male

"So I walk into my trailor and I'm like man this must be the wrong trailor.... cause theres a dress in here" -Dave Chapelle

So.. I was browsing the internet and came upon an article entitled "Is Gay the New Black". It was written by a self-proclaimed 'down-low brotha' and he stated that somewhere in the realm of 60% of the men he knew have at least tried bisexuality -Pause- Think about that. I read it again to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me. That same 60% was still glaring at me from the screen. Like, yo.. are you shittin me? The statement spoke volumes that lead me to address in this post what I consider to be a PANDEMIC, and an emergency situation.

It's clear to me that there is a movement taking place across this nation to effeminize black males in America, and its being done in the name of entertainment, fashion, and music. I see so many movies that are all subtly advertising this concept of femininity and homosexuality in men, making it more and more appealing. It’s almost as if the media is trying to turn brothers into that circle that wouldn't necessarily be there without environmental factors. I've even started to get vibes from some of our more popular rappers, with the lip rings, colorful skinny jeans and such. They are selling these ideas to our sons, making them believe its okay to be a 'little' more feminine with every generation. The culture we have right now is toxic.. I should be able to watch black movies and programs without having to see a GROWN ASS MAN in a dress. It seems Hollywood puts a dress on them all at some point. What a brilliant way to emasculate and cheapen the black mans image!

Entertainers in Dresses

Flip Wilson
Eddie Murphy
Martin Lawrence
Jamie Foxx
Chris Rock
Shawn Wayans
Marlon Wayans
Kenan Thompson
Tyler Perry
Damon Wayans
David Allen Greer

Does this only affect the comedians? Lets See..

Wesley Snipes
Evander Holyfield
Ving Rhames
Barry Bonds
Shaquille O'neal
Dennis Rodman


Hollywood is using these Black men to emasculate the IMAGE of the black man FIRST, later emasculating the Black man himself. These aren't even what I would call 'black' movies anyway. These movies and commercials are financed by white corporations supported by the ruling class.

Gay, bisexual, down-low, and just plain feminine ass men everywhere I turn! Ok maybe I don’t blame the media for everything.. I’m sure there are other reasons too. Our community has had a huge influx of single mothers, which may also have something to do with it.. Women are raising their sons by themselves these days so in too many cases there is no real balance or masculinity in the home. If you have ever read any of my work or know me in person, you know my views on television and music replacing fathers and activities. Approximately 84% of custodial parents are mothers... and a mother can only be a mother... never can she be a father. *shrug* I'm rambling...

Another theory....

Many Black men pursuing professional degrees and careers have subconsciously suppressed all signs of "aggression" in order to be less threatening in corporate environments.

The point is... the powers that be want our men to be gay, they want to tear down our communities, they want us to stop loving ourselves and they want us to weaken.

I don't care if a person is gay or straight, I'm not judging...I love you all.. all I'm saying is that the homosexuality trend among men is just one of the reasons why 30% of black women are unmarried. They want to rid us of the basic right to have families.. functional families... the FAMILY is the most basic structure within a community and once you dismantle the family.. that is IT. It seems every demographic in the world are mating except Black men and Black women. Family is a foundation and without a foundation, one cannot build.